I’m taking the time to say thank you.
To My God
- For bringing us through the storm.
- Because we are still alive.
- For my house not flooding.
- For your presence when the storm was darkest.
- For eleven days of sunshine.
To My Friends
- For checking on us every day through the storm
- For texting all night, the night the storm was most frightening
- For coming over, getting on the roof, and sealing it
- For calling, emailing, and texting us after the storm
- For continuously praying for us
To My Church
- For going out every day to help others.
- For doing the nastiest, smelliest, and dirtiest jobs
- For delivering supplies, dehumidifiers, fans, tools, and support
- For your faith, compassion, smiles and prayers
- For helping every day when you were sore and exhausted
To Other Churches
- For offering your building because ours was flooded
- For partnering with us in the clean-up process
- For encouraging your Youth Groups to partner with ours
- For giving the much needed funds
- For your prayers, encouragement, and support
To The Rescuers
- You placed yourselves at risk for us
- The boats & helicopters, lifting us up and off our roofs
- For coming from other states to help us
- For working day and night and never giving up
- For saving so many lives
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please help the people of Florida, and the 7,000,000 who are in harm’s way. Please send them all they need: the rescuers, supplies, the funds, the sacred community, and your divine grace to see them through the storm and back on their feet.