I’ve noticed some things…
- It’s hard to be brilliant with a mediocre IQ.
- Its tough to be gorgeous with below average looks.
- It’s difficult to be a high achiever with only basic skills.
- It’s impossible to be accomplished without a work ethic.
Of The Four
I can’t raise my I.Q. My looks were fixed at birth. I can’t order more skills from Amazon. However, working harder is within reach. Effort requires no skill, only determination.
Determination is within everyone’s grasp.
Some say success comes only to the brilliant, to the beautiful, and to the gifted. No doubt it helps. But how would I know? However, it’s a lie that success is only for the blessed.
- “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” T. Edison
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” Unknown
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” Babe Ruth
Reading about the Messiah’s ministry, I get these insights about his work:
- He was an early riser.
- Every day he taught, did miracles, and blessed people.
- He went to different villages & synagogues every day.
- He always welcomed children.
- He was never too busy to help someone.
- Jesus often worked till late in the evening.
- He had the Spirit’s power, but the work ethic was all him.
“At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them. But he said, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea.” Luke 4:42-44
A Famous Quote
The following quote came from a Teacher’s Manual written by American educator Thomas H. Palmer (1782-1861) He wrote it to motivate students to do their homework.
Be encouraged. Don’t give up. Effort requires no talent, just an unyielding desire to see the job done.
Success may be just around the corner.