It was a perfect day!
Sunday was one of those days. Here’s why:
- Both worship services at church were really good.
- It was a beautiful day.
- We had our kids over for grilled steaks and trimmings.
- We spent the whole afternoon in the pool.
- We had fun, enjoyed each other, and laughed a lot.
It was a perfect day.
Not Everyone Will Agree
Not everyone will agree with what I’m writing next. But here goes. I believe that marriage is God’s design. Male and female, he made them both. And then he willed that they would come together and become one. One in body, mind, and soul. And from that union, children would be born.
I believe that the happiest, healthiest, and most complete place in life is in a loving family. And there are all kinds of families.
All Kinds of Families
- Mom, Dad, and the kids.
- Grandparents, kids, and grandkids.
- Single Moms and single Dads.
- Couples unable to conceive.
- Grandparents raising grandchildren.
- Parents caring for their adult ages, special needs child.
- Kids raised by relatives.
- Families with adopted children.
- Families raising foster kids.
- Families of one or more of the above.
You get the idea.
And The Oscar Goes To:
Well, there aren’t any official awards for best Mom, Grandmother, or Great-Grandmother. But hopefully, they’re all award winners in our hearts. So a big and hearty thank you to all the Moms, Dads, and to everyone providing loving care for children in any context of family.
I love being a Father. Thank you, Danielle, for making that possible.
Yesterday was a perfect day.