My car AC is broken. It’s been repaired several times, and replaced once.
- Enjoy being hot and sweaty.
- Keep windows down.
- Pay someone to fan me while I drive.
- Have dry ice in a bucket.
- Think cold.
I’m not sure any of those work.
Other than the AC, the car’s been excellent. I bought it used, when it was less than a year old. I’ve had it for nine years. It’s not a lemon, but the AC system lacks a certain something.
- Its demon possessed.
- Was poorly designed.
- Requires cheese, being so Mickey Mouse.
- User error?
- Fix it myself.
I’m not a mechanic, but I have tools. They are shiny, clean, and in pristine condition. They look terrific hanging on my tool organizer in the garage.
- Shoot it and put it out of my misery.
- Salvage yard: crush it into a cube.
- Keep keys in it and doors unlocked.
- Donate it to charity (already did, they gave it back.)
- Turn it into a planter.
Honestly, the car is already at the shop. It needs a new expansion valve. The valve is deep inside the dashboard so the dash has to be taken out. I hope the cost includes the dash being reinstalled.
I should check on that.
I whine sometimes. But I shouldn’t. I have a car and my wife has a car, and her AC works. But still, I’m blessed to have what I have. I’m blessed with a family and a Mother who loved and cared for me, who loves and cares for me still. So, thank you Mom.
Happy Mother’s Day.