I like people. I do. And in general, I believe people like me too.
Here’s the thing, I like all people. Almost all people. Perhaps it’s more honest to say that I like most of the people almost all of the time.
But some people irritate and annoy me. Some people rub me the wrong way, get on my last nerve, and are fingernails on the blackboard of my life.
ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIORS
Sometimes, it’s their attitude that is excruciating, like a sharp thorn in my foot. At other times, it’s their behavior that irritates me most. Its like a mosquito bite I can’t scratch, or someone loudly slurping their soup, or putting on their socks and then their shoes.
Some Thorn, Mosquito & Slurping Examples:
- Those who run red lights, or stop signs, and wave as they speed by.
- People who make appointments, arrive late or not at all, and don’t call.
- Drivers who rush up and force their way into a slow moving lane.
- People who are unaware, who think everything is about them, and make no apology for insisting, pushing, and demanding they get their way.
- People late for church then complain about the parking and seating.
- Mostly, it’s the people who are critical, they are so irritating.
Well, the list could go on and on and on.
FORTUNATELY FOR ME
Fortunately for me, I don’t have any irritating attitudes or behaviors. Just ask my family and closest friends, they’ll tell you.
(Oddly, I don’t have a lot of close friends)
Here is a list of irritating attitudes and behaviors I don’t have:
- I’m never impatient
- I’m not given to judgmental attitudes
- I rarely take notice of those who fail to notice me
- Negativity, complaining, and fault finding just aren’t in my DNA
- I wouldn’t dream of dishing dirt on discourteous people
PLEASE JOIN ME
So please join me in making America a better, gentler, and kinder place.
NOTE: I’m specifically targeting those of you who are irritating and annoying. Hey, don’t stop reading and don’t think I’m referring to someone else. You know who you are. And if you insist on scraping the blackboard of my life, please trim your nails once in a while.
Some people are just the worst.
Thank you and have a blessed and joyous day!