TO GET STARTED
I’ve made a decision. I have to get back to work. I’ve had a week off and it’s just about to finish me. I’ve got to get back to work.
Because a week off isn’t the same as a week of vacation. There is a HUGE difference between a week off and a week of vacation.
A WEEK OF VACATION
- You get to buy new clothes
- You get to go somewhere fun, beautiful, and adventurous
- You can drive, fly, or cruise, but you are going somewhere
- A week of soaking up the sun, filling up on great food, and sleeping late
- There is rich laughter, sweet inspiration, and cool memories
- You get to have new and exciting experiences
- And you leave the cooking, serving, cleaning, and entertaining to others
- You go home tired and worn out, but you go home happy
A WEEK OFF
- Seven days of nothing to do
- No, wait, suddenly a long list appears of lots of things to do
- Painting, cleaning, fixing, hauling, carrying, and more and more and more
- Count them: Twenty-seven trips to Lowe’s or Home Depot
- Each day is about something needing to fixed
- It’s a week of being sweaty, dirty, and gritty
- You get to try new experiences like falling through the ceiling
- You can’t go home to rest because you are already at home
Okay, its day six of my week off. I’m tired and sore, really tired and really sore. I’ve got to get back to work.
I need a vacation.