Sunday Is Valentines Day
See how well and how much you know about this day of days.
- Valentine was persecuted by Emperor Claudius II: T or F
- Valentine Day was a martyr from Temi, a region in Italy: T or F
- A valentine is one of the following: A. sentimental message B. a romantic expression C. a token of love D. a greeting card
- Chaucer started Valentine’s Day in the late 1300’s: T or F
- Valentine’s Day originated from the Roman holiday Lupercalia: T or F
- Latin=valentinus, meaning to be selected or chosen: T or F
- Estimated $19.6 billion dollars will be spent on Valentines: T o F
- Women will spend more on Valentines than men: T or F
- Valentines Day is the 2nd highest grossing holiday: T or F
- 220,000 marriage proposals are made on Valentines Day: T or F
HOW MUCH WILL WE SPEND ON THESE GIFTS?
- Candy: 1.7 billion
- Flowers: 1.9 billion
- Jewelry: 4.4 billion
HOW MANY WILL BE GIVEN?
- Valentines Cards: 180 million
- Roses produced for VD: 198 million
- What percentage of women will buy a Valentines Card: 85%
- What percentage of men will buy flowers: 73%
- What percentage of women will send themselves a Valentines Card: 14%
- Average number of children conceived on VD: 11,000
BY VOLUME THE MOST POPULAR GIFTS GIVEN
Happy Valentines Day! Whatever you do and however much you spend, or not, let it be from the heart. And try to be sweet to each other even when we aren’t having a $20 billion dollar national emphasis.
Just a thought.